My involvement in the community is as follows:
- HCCA Board Member since 2010.
- HCCA President since 2014.
- HCCA Vice President in 2012.
- Member of the County Executive’s DPZ/DILP Transition Team.
- Member of the APFO Task Force.
- Member of the Mulching Composting Task Force.
- Member of the Local Health Improvement Coalition sponsored by Health Department.
- Worked and consulted with North Laurel, Savage, Albeth Community, Highland, Dayton, and Woodbine communities regarding proposed Developments
- Organized meetings with Director DPZ and staff members.
- Suggested HCCA work with the County and Hospital officials to inform the public on the Emergency Room services for the purposes of reducing the waiting time and yellow/red alerts. HCCA formed an Emergency Room Committee and this area has greatly improved.
- Safety concerns on Route 32 and worked with Del Guzzone to have the wording expanded on the “Mandatory Headlight” signs to read “At All Times.”
- Suggested County Executive Ulman Annual Town Meetings.
- Worked with Council Members Guzzone and Ulman to have zoning policy changes which formulated the enactment of Bills.
- Requested artwork by Howard County students be updated annually in the George Howard Building – Banneker Room
- Work as a volunteer at Montpelier Mansion in Laurel doing research.
Strategic planning, common sense, and execution are the essence of a successful community. My objective is to be involved and play a role in making our County a place where we can all be proud to live.